Admissions, Scholarships & Graduate Assistantships
The School of Theatre at Louisiana Tech University offers many competitive graduate assistantships and undergraduate scholarships and awards.
School of Theatre personnel will work diligently with applicants to identify opportunities for scholarship, awards, and grants. While an audition is not necessary for acceptance into the department as an undergraduate student, auditions (and/or interviews) are required to be considered for graduate school, graduate assistantships, scholarships, and awards.
GRADUATE SCHOOL ADMISSIONS
Students wishing to apply for Graduate School admission should:
- Go to the Louisiana Tech University Graduate School website and click on APPLY NOW
- Submit application and pay processing fee to the Graduate School with all supporting documentation by the deadline
- Notify the Director of Theatre, Mark Guinn (email@example.com) you have initated the application process. Please feel free to contact him with any questions about the application process.
Students wishing to apply for Undergraduate admission should:
- Go to the Louisiana Tech University Undergraduate Admissions website and click on APPLY NOW
- Submit application and pay processing fee to the Admissions Office with all supporting documentation by the deadline
- Provide a current resume and headshot. These can be emailed to Mark Guinn (firstname.lastname@example.org) or "snail mailed" to the School of Theatre, POB 8608, Ruston, LA 71272 (Attn: Mark Guinn).
- Please note that, due to FERPA privacy laws, the Admissions Office will not release information regarding the status of your admission application to anyone other than you. Because of that, we ask that, once you have completed the online application process, please inform Mark Guinn so that we can track your admission process
GRADUATE ASSISTANTSHIPS AND UNDERGRAD SCHOLARSHIPS
Students wishing to apply for assistantships, scholarships, and awards should:
Complete the application process, informing Director of Theatre Mark Guinn when you have done so
Contact Mark Guinn (email@example.com) to request an assistantship/scholarship application form and set up an audition/interview date.
Prepare two contrasting monologues (one minute each) or one monologue and one song (16 bars) for your audition [for actors]
Prepare a portfolio for review [for designers, stage managers, and directors]